Use the blue scroll bar on the right to scroll down for complete rules and entry instructions for the giveaway of the FREE CRITIQUE* of the first 10 pages of your fiction manuscript. NOTE: DO NOT SUBMIT ANY MS PAGES. Please only submit the info specified below in the body of your entry:
- Your manuscript must be FICTION of ANY GENRE for ANY AGE GROUP (general, sci fi, romance, steam punk . . . you get the idea; no non-fiction like how-to’s or memoirs—as fictional as those may seem; and sorry, no children’s picture books this time). Your manuscript can be for adults, new adults, or young readers (YA or MG).
- The FIRST 10 PAGES of your manuscript must be COMPLETE. No word count limit for those pages, but they do have to be 12-pt font, double-spaced, per industry standard. (Do not submit those pages unless notified by the Editor that you have won the giveaway.)
- Manuscripts that do not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- Deadline: MIDNIGHT, November 7, 2013, PST.
- Winner will be randomly selected using Randomizer.org and announced on November 8, 2013, on DearEditor.com and on the DearEditor.com Facebook and Google+ pages, and the winner will be notified directly via email.
One entry – SEND EMAIL to DearEditor.com using the “Write to The Editor” button at the top of the blog or by clicking here. Type “Free Critique Giveaway” in the subject line. In the body of the email, include the TITLE of your manuscript, YOUR FULL NAME, and the genre/category (i.e., “fantasy/YA”). DO NOT send your manuscript or any portion of it. (If you have any difficulty with the contact button, send an email entry directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Bonus entry – SUBSCRIBE. DearEditor.com subscribers get a bonus entry by sending a second email with “Subscriber’s Bonus Giveaway Entry” in the subject line and your title and full name in the body. (Note: the Editor will verify!) Not a subscriber yet? Then subscribe now by clicking on the “Subscribe” button at the top of DearEditor.com and then email your second entry.
Extra bonus entries – SPREAD THE WORD. Blog, tweet, or otherwise electronically tell others about this giveaway to get additional entries. Send an email to DearEditor.com with “I Spread the Word!” in the subject line, and in the body include a link to your blog post or your Twitter address or your Facebook wall or whatever social media you used to spread the word. Don’t send screen-shots; attachments won’t be accepted. Include your title, genre/category, and full name in the body. Spread the word more than once? Then send an “I Spread the Word!” email for each one!
Anyone who doesn’t follow these rules will be disqualified, at the Editor’s discretion.
*In a “critique,” the author receives general feedback about the manuscript sample’s overall pacing, organization, narrative voice, characterization, point of view, setting, delivery of background information, adult sensibility (children’s books only), concept, and the synchronicity of age-appropriate subject matter with target audience. It is not a word-by-word, line-by-line “Line Edit.”
Disclaimer: The Editor does not share or in any other way use your contact information; it’s collected solely for winner contact purposes at the end of the giveaway.