The Editor believes the path to publication should be as full of celebration as it is of hard work. Therefore, to celebrate finishing the final draft of her new craft book, Writing and Selling New Adult Fiction, the Editor is giving away a FREE EDIT of a full fiction manuscript. Entry deadline: March 22, 2014. Read on for rules….
Rules for the giveaway of the FREE edit of the your full fiction manuscript:
- Your manuscript must be FICTION of ANY GENRE for ANY AGE GROUP, including picture books.
- Your manuscript must be COMPLETE and no longer than 80,000 words. (Do not submit any ms pages unless notified by the Editor that you have won the giveaway.)
- Manuscripts that do not meet these requirements will be disqualified.
- Deadline: MIDNIGHT, March 22, 2014, PST
- Winner will be randomly selected using Randomizer.org and announced on March 24, 2014, on DearEditor.com and on the DearEditor.com Facebook and Google+ pages, and the winner will be notified directly via email.
One entry – SEND EMAIL to DearEditor.com using the “Write to The Editor” tab on this blog or by clicking here. Type “Free Manuscript Edit Giveaway” in the subject line. In the body of the email, include the TITLE of your manuscript, YOUR FULL NAME, and the genre/category (i.e., “fantasy/YA”). DO NOT send your manuscript or any portion of it. (If you have any difficulty with the contact tab, send an email entry directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Bonus entry – SUBSCRIBE. DearEditor.com subscribers get a bonus entry by sending a second email with “Subscriber’s Bonus Giveaway Entry” in the subject line and your title and full name in the body. (Note: the Editor will verify!) Not a subscriber yet? Then subscribe now by clicking on the “Subscribe” tab on DearEditor.com and then email your second entry.
Extra bonus entries – SPREAD THE WORD. Blog, tweet, or otherwise electronically tell others about this giveaway to get additional entries. Send an email to DearEditor.com with “I Spread the Word!” in the subject line, and in the body include a link to your blog post or your Twitter address or your Facebook wall or whatever social media you used to spread the word. Don’t send screen-shots; attachments won’t be accepted. Include your title, genre/category, and full name in the body. Spread the word more than once? Then send an “I Spread the Word!” email for each one!
Anyone who doesn’t follow these rules will be disqualified, at the Editor’s discretion.
Disclaimer: The Editor does not share or in any other way use your contact information; it’s collected solely for winner contact purposes at the end of the giveaway.